15+ Gluten-Free Scone Recipes
15+ of the best Gluten-Free Scone Recipes! A roundup of my favorite, easy-to-make, homemade scones with a variety of flavors! All recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan-friendly. They’re all perfect for breakfast or as a delicious snack.
Have you made homemade scones yet?! It’s safe to say I pretty much whip up a batch of gluten-free vegan scones on a weekly basis now, always experimenting with new flavors. Let me tell you, it’s been one of the best ways to warm up my kitchen! They’re so soft and tender on the inside with a lightly crisp outer layer. Not like the dry, crumbly scones you may think of. No, I started with Chocolate Chip Scones and have ventured on to so many other flavors because of how delicious they are.
I promise that all of these gluten-free scone recipes are easy to make, and they each make for the perfect breakfast with a side of frothy coffee or tea. Plus, there are so many varieties of flavor combinations you can whip up! Some of my personal favorites are cinnamon sugar, savory sourdough, maple pecan, and of course, chocolate chip :) So of course I had to feature a roundup with ALL these incredible options for you! These recipes are all 100% gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan friendly with a few paleo options too.
Remember, you can always use these recipes as a base to switch it up with your own favorite ingredients! Rather have a white chocolate gluten-free scone? Switch out the chocolate chips for white chocolate instead! More a blackberry person than a blueberry person? Use those in the Blueberry Lemon Scones. These recipes are adaptable to suit your favorite fruits and flavors, so have fun with it, and enjoy every. last. bite! I know you will!
Best way to store scones?
I like keeping gluten-free scones in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. After that, you’ll want to store them in the fridge or the freezer. I recommend the freezer for the longest-term storage – store in an airtight container and toast or bake to refresh when you’re ready to eat!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Scones (Vegan + Paleo)
These Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Scones are everything a good scone should be: tender and fluffy on the inside, with a crispy, slightly crumbly exterior. These paleo scones are loaded with chocolate chips and make for a delicious breakfast, snack, or dessert.
Gluten-Free Vegan Maple Pecan Scones
These Gluten-Free Vegan Maple Pecan Scones are tender on the inside with a crunchy, golden crust! Sweetened with a bit of maple syrup and studded with toasted pecans, these scones are delicious for breakfast, brunch, or as a mid-day snack.
Gluten-Free Vegan Apple Cinnamon Scones
Meet your new fall favorite: these Gluten-Free Vegan Apple Cinnamon Scones are tender, flavorful, and simply irresistible. Made with caramelized apples and toasted pecans, the dough for these simple scones comes together easily.
Gluten-Free Vegan Cranberry Orange Scones
These Gluten-Free Vegan Cranberry Orange Scones will be your new favorite vegan breakfast. This easy scone recipe is made with fresh and dried cranberries, fresh orange juice and zest, and a simple orange glaze for maximum flavor.
Gluten-Free Vegan Lemon Blueberry Scones
Gluten-Free Vegan Lemon Blueberry Scones are going to become your new favorite breakfast and snack. They have a tender texture with a crispy exterior and are full of bright, lemony flavor.
Gluten-Free Vegan Vanilla Scones
These Gluten-Free Vegan Vanilla Scones are easy to make and even easier to eat! They’re made in just one bowl in ten minutes and loaded with vanilla bean flecks for fabulous flavor. Perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a wholesome snack.
Vegan Pumpkin Scones
These Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Scones are flaky, soft, and full of warm pumpkin spices! They’re made with canned pumpkin and topped off with crunchy pecans and a simple maple glaze. The perfect vegan scones!
Gluten-Free Gingerbread Scones
These Vegan Gingerbread Scones will be your new favorite treat! They’re flaky, soft, and full of warm gingerbread flavors like cinnamon and molasses! You won’t believe they’re made healthier with gluten-free ingredients, vegan-friendly, and no refined sugar.
Gluten-Free Cinnamon Sugar Scones
These Gluten-Free Cinnamon Sugar Scones are fluffy, tender, and coated in a deliciously crunchy cinnamon-sugar coating. Made with almond flour and tapioca flour, they’re also paleo-friendly, refined sugar-free, and vegan.
Gluten-Free Sourdough Scones
These savory Gluten-Free Sourdough Scones are the perfect use for your gluten-free sourdough discard! They’re dairy-free, vegan, and make for a delicious breakfast or snack.
Gluten-Free Cinnamon Scones from The Better Blondie
These homemade cinnamon scones are gluten-free and dairy-free, made with delicious maple icing! The perfect sweet treat for breakfast or afternoon snack with coffee!
Blueberry Chocolate Breakfast Scones
A delicious combination of flavors in these scones! Blueberries, chocolate, and fresh lemon zest. Made paleo withand lightly sweetened with !
Gluten-Free Lemon Poppyseed Scones
The perfect scone recipe for spring! Refreshing lemon poppyseed flavors made gluten-free and grain-free from Kale Junkie!
Lemon Raspberry Scones
Delicious raspberry lemon scones are perfect for springtime baking! These homemade scones are dairy-free, paleo, and perfectly flaky and tender. Yum!
These Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Scones are everything a good scone should be: tender and fluffy on the inside, with a crispy, slightly crumbly exterior. These paleo scones are loaded with chocolate chips and make for a delicious breakfast, snack, or dessert. Plus, 15+ other gluten-free scone recipes you’ll love!
- 2⅓ cups (224g) blanched almond flour
- ¾ cup (96g) arrowroot flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- ½ cup (100g) coconut oil, firm
- ⅓ cup full-fat canned coconut milk, plus a little extra to brush on top of the scones
- 1 flax egg, see Notes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Raw turbinado sugar, to sprinkle on top (optional)
- In a food processor or large mixing bowl, combine the blanched almond flour, arrowroot flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Pulse or whisk together.
- Add in the coconut oil and pulse or use a pastry cutter or fork to work the coconut oil into the dry ingredients until only very small chunks of coconut oil remain.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, flax egg, and vanilla extract. Add to the dry ingredients and stir or pulse until completely combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet and dust with arrowroot flour. Put the dough on top of the parchment, dust with more arrowroot flour, and press into a circle, about 1½” thick and 8” across. Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours to chill. If leaving in the refrigerator for more than a few hours, I recommend wrapping the dough in plastic wrap so it doesn’t dry out.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375°F. Cut the circle into 8 scones and separate from each other so they’re not touching. Use a pastry brush to brush the top of the scones with a small amount of coconut milk. Sprinkle with raw turbinado sugar, if using. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or let cool completely before serving. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
For the flax egg: whisk together 2½ tablespoons of water with 1 tablespoon flax meal. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes or until thickened and gel-like before using.
Keywords: gluten-free scones, grain-free scones, vegan scones, dairy-free scones