Cranberry Brie Tart with Pancetta & Thyme
This Cranberry Brie Tart with Pancetta & Thyme is a delicious, easy appetizer that’s perfect for the holiday season! It’s a tasty twist on a traditional baked brie. It’s easy to make, too!
Phew, 2 more days until Christmas, and I’m squeezing in one last recipe for you guys! But this one isn’t a dessert – today I’m sharing a recipe for a delicious appetizer to serve at your holiday gatherings, or to enjoy any time.
One of my favorite Christmas Day appetizers is the baked brie that my mom makes every year. Each year, it gets completely devoured, usually way too much of it from my doing. This Cranberry Brie Tart has that same melty brie and puff pastry that I love so much, but this version comes with unique flavors and a delicious, buttery crust.
Is this Cranberry Brie Tart hard to make?
No! This tart is deceptively easy, thanks in part to the use of frozen puff pastry as the tart crust. The puff pastry is the perfect, flaky vehicle for the tart cranberry sauce and melty, earthy brie. The pancetta adds a little bit of smokiness, and the thyme adds some herby freshness.
The tart comes together super quickly, despite making a super quick cranberry sauce in the process. If you want to skip that step, you can use a cranberry sauce you may already have and add some thyme to it. This makes things even easier. And who doesn’t love that during the holidays?
I originally made this cranberry brie tart pre-Thanksgiving, but just couldn’t fit it in on time. I did share in on Instagram though, and a few of you requested the recipe to serve at your Thanksgiving feasts. Good news: all positive responses! Tried, tested and true for your holiday gatherings!
I hope you all have a wonderful, delicious, and family-filled holiday! Enjoy :)
Need more holiday appetizers? You’ll like these…
- Easy Brie Bites, made with just FOUR ingredients
- Sesame Pecan Snack Mix is perfect for snacking
- Cheesy Turkey Pesto Rolls are a crowd-favorite with four simple ingredients
This Cranberry Brie Tart with Pancetta & Thyme is a delicious appetizer that’s perfect for the holidays! It’s a tasty twist on a traditional baked brie. It’s easy to make, too!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed in the fridge
- 1 egg white
- 1½ cups fresh cranberries
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 oz. diced pancetta
- 6 oz. brie cheese, sliced
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cranberries, water, brown sugar, and the leaves from 2 sprigs of thyme. Bring ingredients to a boil, boil for 2 minutes on medium heat or until cranberries have started to break down. Place in the refrigerator to cool.
- In a saute pan, cook pancetta over medium heat until browned. Remove from saucepan and place on a paper towel. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Fit your puff pastry sheet into an ungreased 14”x5″ tart pan; you may need to cut pieces to fit. Prick the puff pastry all over with a fork, and then brush with egg white. Bake for 8 minutes or until shiny and just starting to puff up. Remove from the oven.
- Spread prepared cranberry sauce evenly over the puff pastry. Top with sliced brie and pancetta bits. Return to the oven for 15 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining thyme leaves. Serve warm.