These are the BEST Vegan Nachos I’ve ever had! They’re loaded with sauteed vegetables, vegan taco meat, pico de gallo, avocado, cilantro, and topped with a ton of vegan cheese sauce. They’re the perfect cheesy snack for game day.
FACT: I love all things to do with cheesy nachos. Also a FACT: Nachos do NOT love me back, and often wreak havoc on my lactose-intolerant digestive system. Two things that do not align very well for nacho lovers…until now!!!
The ULTIMATE Best Vegan Nachos are here, and they are so. dang. good. I’ve been making vegan nachos for a while now, and with the Superbowl coming up this weekend, it’s time for me to share them with all of you!
Both of those recipes are perfect for making ahead of time, as well, so when it comes time for nacho assembly, you don’t have much to do! You only need about a third of the batch of the vegan cheese sauce, so you’ll have enough to use a dip on gameday too :D
I adorned mine exactly the way I like to, but there are some other add-ons that are also delicious. I listed those beneath the ones I used. You can pick and choose your favorites to create your perfect nachos.
Here are the toppings I love to pile onto my Best Vegan Nachos:
- Sauteed mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers
- Vegan taco meat
- Pico de gallo
- Avocado or guacamole
- A generous drizzle of vegan cheese sauce
Some other delicious add-ons are:
- Black beans
- Spanish rice
- Fresh jalapenos
- Diced red onion
- Make sure you use a THICK chip that can stand up to all the toppings you’re going to pile on them.
- Work quickly. The quicker you can get from assembling your nachos to eating them, the better. This will help prevent your chips from getting soggy.
- To keep these grain-free/Paleo, use a grain-free chip, like Siete or The Real Coconut.
I hope you love these as much as I do!! Enjoy :D
These are the BEST Vegan Nachos I’ve ever had! They’re loaded with sauteed vegetables, vegan taco meat, pico de gallo, avocado, cilantro, and topped with a ton of vegan cheese sauce. They’re the perfect cheesy snack.
- About 8 cups tortilla chips, use grain-free tortilla chips to keep it paleo
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small brown onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, cored and sliced
- 1½ cup vegan taco meat
- 1 to 1½ cups vegan cheese sauce
- ½ to 1 cup chunky salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 cup guacamole or diced avocado
- Cilantro, to garnish
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Fresh jalapenos
- Diced red onion
- Fresh lime wedges
- Begin by preparing the vegan taco meat and vegan cheese sauce. These can be made up to four days ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a small baking sheet or oven-safe skillet with parchment paper to help with easy clean-up.
- In a large saute pan, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil or avocado oil. Once the oil is hot, add the mushrooms, onions, and peppers. Saute on medium-high heat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned and cooked to your liking. Remove from the heat.
- Arrange your chips on the prepared pan and add toppings in your desired order. I like taco meat first, then the sauteed veggies, salsa, and cheese sauce.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes to heat all the ingredients together.
- Remove from the oven and top with guacamole or avocado, cilantro, jalapenos and diced red onion, if using. Serve immediately!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: nachos, vegan nachos, vegan cheese, vegetarian nachos