This Almond Paleo Banana Bread is absolutely delicious – it’s refined sugar-free, gluten-free, and made with almond and coconut flour! This bread is a longtime reader favorite.
My goodness. I really want to give you guys a good recipe post right now. I want to write something long, and inspiring, or at least entertaining.
This stuff is healthy, and while it doesn’t taste like chocolate cake, it’s actually really good!
My sister devoured two loaves in as many days, and her boyfriend referred to it as “the bread of the gods”. My sister is gluten-free, but her boyfriend isn’t, so that definitely tells you something!
I also love that this recipe uses coconut oil! It’s one of my new favorite products to use because it’s so darn versatile My favorite way to use it is in cooking (obviously), but my sister slathers it all over her body in place of body lotion (and she always smells great) and I know some people use it in their hair too.
As for the texture, this Almond Banana Bread is super flavorful and isn’t dry or crumbly at all. The coconut oil and bananas keep it super moist. It’s amazing with a slather of peanut butter, a thin layer of coconut butter, or a pat of butter.
This banana bread is also surprisingly sweet, especially when you consider that we only use one tablespoon of honey to sweeten. The rest of the sweetness comes naturally from the bananas. I also love doing the no-grain thing in my gluten-free baking recipes, because almonds and coconuts (the flours I used) taste like they belong in a dessert or baked good, unlike other weird gluten-free flours that just leave a bad aftertaste.
If you’re looking for something a tad bit healthier than your typical banana bread, try this recipe out! You won’t be disappointed.
You might like these recipes too!
- Paleo Honey Nut Banana Bread
- Paleo Raspberry Crumb Bars
- No-Bake Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Bars
- Paleo Magic Cookie Bars
This Almond Paleo Banana Bread is absolutely delicious – it’s refined sugar-free, gluten-free, and made with almond and coconut flour! This healthy banana bread is a longtime reader favorite.
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (4 oz.) almond flour
- ½ cup (2 oz.) coconut flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar, not paleo, totally optional!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 7½ x 3½-inch loaf pan.
- Mix together the bananas, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and eggs until completely combined. Add in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, and stir until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture, which should be thick, into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle the chopped almonds and turbinado sugar evenly over the top.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and a knife comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes and then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Keep tightly wrapped for up to 3 days.
I use Honeyville Blanched Almond Meal Flour and I haven’t tried this recipe using a different brand, so if you try something else, let us know how it works in the comment section!
For the coconut flour, I use Bob’s Red Mill, which is readily available at most grocery stores.
This recipe is heavily adapted from Running to the Kitchen
- Category: Quick Breads
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: banana bread, paleo banana bread, gluten-free, almond banana bread