This Strawberry Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie is gooey in the middle, with crispy edges and all the flavors you love in a chocolate covered strawberry! This gluten-free, paleo and vegan skillet cookie will satisfy all your cravings – the fresh strawberries are the perfect fruity addition to this rich, chocolatey treat!
- 3 tablespoons (38g) coconut oil, solid at room temperature, should be the same consistency as softened butter
- 2 tablespoons (32g) almond butter
- ⅓ cup (50g) coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flax meal + 2.5 tablespoons water, whisk + let gel for 5 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (96g) blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (3 ounces) dark chocolate, chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh strawberries, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 6″ cast iron skillet with coconut oil. Double the recipe if you’re using an 8″ skillet!
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir or beat the coconut oil, nut butter and coconut sugar until smooth. Add the flax egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda and salt to the wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Gently fold in the chopped chocolate and strawberries.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan and bake for 23-25 minutes or the edges are beginning to turn golden brown and the center is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool for ten minutes. Serve warm – it’s great alone, or add fresh strawberries, chocolate sauce, and/or ice cream on top!
- Calories: 490
- Sugar: 15
- Sodium: 173
- Fat: 38
- Saturated Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 30
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 11