Not eating grains but missing your morning oatmeal? Look no further than this Quick Grain-Free Hot Cereal! This super easy porridge is made in just 3 minutes and it’s gluten-free, paleo, vegan, and Whole30-friendly. This is a staple Whole30 breakfast!
- ¼ cup finely chopped nuts, I used walnuts + pecans
- ¼ cup flaked unsweetened coconut, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean powder or vanilla extract if you’re not on Whole30
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 1–2 tablespoons date paste, to taste (you can also use maple syrup or honey if you’re not on Whole30)
- Fresh berries
- Berry chia jam, make sure it’s unsweetened for Whole30!
- Cashew butter or other nut butter of choice
- In a small bowl, mix together the chopped nuts, flaked unsweetened coconut, flax seed meal, coconut flour, chia seeds, cinnamon, vanilla bean powder, and salt.
- Heat the non-dairy milk until steaming, and then pour over the dry ingredients and stir until completely combined – it will thicken as your stir. Add sweetener to taste.
- Add toppings as desired, and enjoy!
To prep ahead of time, you can stir together all of the dry ingredients and store in a small jar or container. Just add hot non-dairy milk + sweetener when you’re ready to eat.
- Calories: 294
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 331
- Fat: 21
- Saturated Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Fiber: 9
- Protein: 7