This Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal is perfect for chilly fall mornings. It’s lightly sweetened with maple syrup and topped with warm sauteed apples.
For the oatmeal
- ¼ cup pure pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ⅔ cup dairy-free milk, I used almond milk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
For the sauteed apples
- In a small saucepan, combine the pumpkin puree, rolled oats, almond milk, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice. Simmer until milk has absorbed into the oats, about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the oats simmer, heat a small saute pan and melt the coconut oil. Add the diced apple pieces, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Saute until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Toss in the chopped pecans.
- Place the oatmeal into a bowl and top with sauteed apples and if desired, a drizzle of nut butter (pecan butter is a great choice here). Enjoy immediately!
Keywords: pumpkin, apple, oatmeal, pumpkin spice, oatmeal, breakfast, gluten free, vegan