- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 7 ounces dark chocolate (coarsely chopped)
- 2/3 cup (4.8 oz.) unsalted butter, softened and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup salted peanuts
- 12 peanut butter cups (chopped)
- 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
- 1½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 1½ cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter the sides and bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan. Line the pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and cocoa powder together.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a large microwavable bowl and microwave for 45 seconds. Stir. Repeat in 15 second increments, stirring between each, until chocolate and butter are completely smooth. Add the sugars and whisk until completely combined.
- Add 2 eggs to the chocolate mixture and whisk until fully incorporated. Add the remaining egg and whisk until combined. Stir in the vanilla extract. Do not overbeat the batter at this stage or your brownies will be cakey.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture over the chocolate mixture. Using a rubber spatula (not a whisk), fold the flour mixture into the chocolate until just a bit of the flour mixture is visible.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake until a toothpick in the center emerges with moist crumbs, about 20-25 minutes, and sprinkle the top with the peanuts and chopped peanut butter cups. Return to the oven and bake for 3 additional minutes, or until the chocolate has melted into the brownies. Brownies will firm up as they cool.
- After taking the brownies out of the oven, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, or melt in the microwave for 45 seconds. Stir in the cereal to evenly coat. Evenly pour the chocolate and peanut butter cereal mixture over top of the brownies. Spread to cover evenly.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting and serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.