- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup turbinado sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (3 oz) gluten-free oat flour
- ¼ cup (1.5 oz) potato starch
- ¼ cup (1 oz) almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 heaping cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375*F. Whip together the first four ingredients until combined. Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. They may seem slightly lumpy and not combine fully, but don’t worry. It will come together.
- Add in egg and vanilla and whip until fully combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together oat flour, potato starch, almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and cloves. Add to butter and egg mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Fold in oats and pecans. Scoop and press down slightly, they won’t spread much. Bake at 375 degrees F for 11 minutes or until lightly browned.
To make oat flour: Place 1 1/2 heaping cups gluten free oats in a food processor or blender. Blend until oats are powdery. If desired, strain out oat bran (I did this) and just use the oat powder. Leaving the bran out will create a smoother texture. Measure out 1 cup and proceed with the recipe.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 11
- Category: cookies
- Cuisine: dessert
Keywords: cookies, oatmeal, pecan, almond flour, oatmeal, oats, gluten-free, dessert