Meet your new favorite cranberry pecan chocolate chip cookies! Perfectly crisp edges mixed with gooey chocolate chips and toasted pecans! The best homemade chocolate chip cookies to make for the holidays. Gluten-free, paleo, and vegan friendly!
- ½ cup coconut oil, solid but soft in texture, similar to softened butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature (see notes for vegan flax egg)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2¼ cups (216g) blanched almond flour
- ½ cup (3 oz.) dark chocolate or chocolate chips, chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, use apple juice sweetened ones to keep refined sugar free
- ¼ cup chopped pecans,
- Flaky sea salt, to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Beat together the coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, salt, and baking soda to the wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Fold in the chopped chocolate, dried cranberries, and pecans. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour (can prepare up to 48 hours ahead of time).
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350ºF. Use a cookie scoop to form cookies and place on a parchment lined baking sheet; press down slightly. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt if desired. Bake for 10 minutes or just beginning to turn golden brown around the edges.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days, or in the refrigerator for a week.
To make a flax egg: whisk together 1 tablespoon flax meal + 2.5 tablespoons water and let set for 10 minutes before using
Keywords: chocolate chip, vegan, paleo, gluten free, pecan, cranberry, cookies, healthy, dessert