These Nutty Coconut Fat Bombs are an easy-to-make snack that’s filling, full of healthy fats, and absolutely delicious! It’s a no-bake recipe that’s gluten-free, paleo, keto, low carb, Whole30-friendly, and vegan.
- 1½ cups walnuts, or nut of choice
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup coconut butter + 1 tablespoon extra if needed, I used homemade toasted coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons almond butter, or nut butter of choice
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, optional, leave out for keto and Whole30
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
For the chocolate drizzle
- 1 ounce bittersweet or unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine all of the ingredients except for the cacao nibs. Pulse for about 1-2 minutes, until the mixture starts to break down. It will first become powdery and will stick together, but still be crumbly.
- Keep processing until the oils start to release a bit and the mixture sticks together easily – just be careful not to over process or you’ll have nut butter. If your mixture seems dry and if you’re not using the maple syrup, you may need the extra tablespoon of coconut butter to help it come together. Once the mixture is sticking together well, pulse in the cacao nibs, just to incorporate them.
- Use a small cookie scoop (I use this one) or or a tablespoon scoop to divide the mixture into equal pieces. Use your hands to roll into balls and place on a plate.
- If desired, make the chocolate drizzle by melting the chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until it’s completely melted. Drizzle over the balls and place in the fridge or freezer to firm up.
- Store in an airtight container zip-top bag in the refrigerator or freezer.
Nutrition facts do not include chocolate drizzle or maple syrup.
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 48
- Fat: 14
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4