This Vegan Broccoli Chickpea Curry is a dinner staple that’s so quick and easy to make! It’s loaded with veggies and protein and has a secret ingredient to make it extra rich + creamy. It’s gluten-free and vegan, too.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder optional, if you want it spicy
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, add more to taste
- 2 carrots, sliced into thin coins
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1¼ cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Lime wedges
- Chopped peanuts
- Heat a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the oil and onion. Saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, fresh ginger, turmeric, ginger powder, curry powder, garlic powder, and salt and cook for another minute.
- Add the carrots, broccoli, chickpea, coconut milk, and vegetable broth.
- Bring to a simmer and then cover and let cook for 10 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
- Stir in the peanut butter and then add the fresh spinach and stir until wilted. Add the lime juice into the curry and stir it in.
- Serve over rice with lime wedges, chopped peanuts, and/or microgreens.
Keywords: curry, broccoli, chickpeas, vegan