Almond Blueberry Breakfast Cookies are a quick and healthy breakfast treat or snack. These hearty breakfast cookies, made with rolled oats and almond butter, are gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and bursting with fresh blueberries!
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream the coconut oil, almond butter, and coconut sugar. Add the egg and then the vanilla, mixing until combined.
- Add the almond flour, rolled oats, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined. Fold in the blueberries and toasted almonds. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 24 hours.
- Use a large cookie scoop to shape cookies and place the dough 2” apart on the parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are crispy and the center is just set. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before removing to a rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
If you want a sweeter cookie, you can use up to 3/4 cup of coconut sugar.
Keywords: breakfast cookies, gluten-free, healthy, easy cookies