- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes (diced)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (if desired)
- 1 cooked boneless (skinless chicken breast, diced)
- 1 small heirloom tomato (diced)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat olive oil. Add garlic and saute until golden brown and fragrant. Add in brown rice, black beans, sun-dried tomatos, and spices. Stir together, being careful not to mash the black beans. Put a lid on the saucepan, and let it heat together for about 5 minutes, stirring a few times. Meanwhile, saute the diced chicken breast just enough to heat it up.
- To serve, place the black bean and brown rice mixture into one, or individual, bowls. Top with diced, heated chicken and heirloom tomatos. Serve as a side or main dish. Enjoy! If you have leftovers, store in an airtight container for up to 2 days in the refrigerator. It tastes delicious cold as well!