- 10 oz. dark chocolate (very finely chopped (make sure it’s dairy free to keep vegan + paleo))
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- ½ cup finely chopped Diamond Almonds (toasted)
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt (or to taste)
For the coating
- 4 oz. chopped dark chocolate + 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Cocoa powder
- Finely chopped Diamond Almonds
- Flaky sea salt
- Place the finely chopped dark chocolate in a medium sized glass bowl. Heat the coconut milk in the microwave for about 1 minute, until it’s just beginning to bubble. Pour the coconut milk over the chocolate, making sure all the chocolate is covered.
- Let stand for 2 minutes, and then whisk until smooth. If some chunks of chocolate remain, microwave for 15 seconds and whisk again until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped almonds and sea salt. Taste, and add more sea salt is desired. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. If the mixture gets too firm to scoop, let it soften at room temperature.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use a small scoop or melon baller to form small, 1” truffle balls. Place on the baking sheet and repeat until all of the chocolate is used.
- For the coatings: if you want a cocoa powder coating, roll the truffles in cocoa powder and shake lightly in a sieve to remove excess cocoa powder. For the nut coating, roll the truffles in the finely chopped almonds. For the chocolate coating, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave in 20-second increments, stirring between each, until completely smooth. Use a fork or dipping tool to dip each truffle in chocolate, letting the excess drip off before placing on the parchment. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and let set completely in the refrigerator.
- Keep truffles stored in the refrigerator.
- Category: Dessert