These Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate & Pecans are a healthy, flavorful, and colorful side dish that will brighten up your table and turn anyone into a brussels sprouts lover!
For the oven version:
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Place the halved brussels sprouts onto the sheet pan and drizzle the olive oil over them. Lightly season with salt and pepper then toss together. Make sure that the brussels sprouts are in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown and crispy, tossing halfway through baking to make sure all sides are browned.
For the stovetop version:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the halved Brussels sprouts, cut side down, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes without stirring to allow a browned, caramelised sear on the Brussels.
- Season with salt and pepper, and toss to cook the Brussels on the other sides until browned and tender on the insides, about 8 more minutes.
- Remove from the pan.
To bring it all together:
- In a large saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil over medium heat. When shimmering, add the leeks. Sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until they’re translucent and starting to caramelize.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to the pan. Drizzle with the balsamic and the maple syrup and toss to coat all of the Brussels sprouts. Remove from the heat, and toss in the toasted pecans and pomegranate arils.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: brussels sprouts, balsamic, maple syrup, vegan sides, thanksgiving