These Raw Chocolate Truffles will satisfy your chocolate candy cravings, guilt-free! These raw, date-sweetened truffles are easy to make in your blender or food processor, and they’re gluten-free, paleo, and vegan.
- 12 Medjool dates, soaked in hot water to soften if not already soft, drain before using
- ⅔ cup (170g) almond butter
- ½ cup (48g) almond flour
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maca powder, optional but recommended – can also add any other superfood powders you like!
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Hemp seeds and/or cacao powder
- Add the Medjool dates to the blender and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as necessary. Add the almond flour, almond butter, cacao powder, maca powder, and sea salt.
- Blend until completely combined and smooth, using the tamper to make sure everything is incorporated and scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Use a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon to make tablespoon-sized balls. Roll into balls between your hands. Place the hemp seeds and cacao powder in separate bowls, and then roll each ball in hemp seeds or cacao powder.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.