These Raspberry Dark Chocolate Energy Bites are deliciously filling and laced with the bold flavor of raspberries and shards of dark chocolate. They make the perfect gluten-free, paleo, and vegan snack or treat.
- 1⅓ cup raw cashews, can also use almonds
- ¼ cup (64g) cashew butter, if using almonds, use almond butter instead
- 2 tablespoons (25g) coconut oil
- 4 pitted Medjool dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes if they aren’t soft
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup freeze-dried raspberries, lightly crushed
- 1½ ounces (about ⅓ cup) chopped dark chocolate
- In the bowl of a food processor or a high-powered blender (I used my Vitamix), combine all of the ingredients except for the freeze-dried raspberries. Pulse for about 1-2 minutes, until the mixture starts to break down. It will first become powdery and will stick together, but still be crumbly.
- Keep processing until the oils start to release a bit and the mixture sticks together easily – just be careful not to over process or you’ll have nut butter. If your mixture seems a little dry, you can use a little extra coconut oil to help it come together.
- Once the mixture is sticking together well, pulse in the crushed freeze-dried raspberries and dark chocolate, just to incorporate them. You can also stir them in if the mixture seems too thick.
- Use a small cookie scoop (I use this one, which holds 2 teaspoons) or a tablespoon scoop to divide the mixture into equal pieces. Use your hands to roll into balls and place on a plate or in a storage container.
- Store in an airtight container or a zip-top bag in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freezer for 3 months.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Calories: 92
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 27
- Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Protein: 1
Keywords: chocolate, raspberry, balls, energy bites, snack, dessert, no bake, gluten free, vegan