This One-Pot Creamy Lemon Pasta will be your new favorite 30-minute vegan dinner! It’s quick and easy to make in just one pan. It’s dairy-free, vegan, and easily made gluten-free.
- 12 oz. regular or gluten-free pasta, I used brown rice spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon oil or vegan butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can coconut milk
- ¼ cup lemon juice from a fresh lemon, plus the zest
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add your chopped shallots to the pan. Once the shallots are translucent and fragrant, toss in the garlic. Cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and coconut milk. Stir to combine, and add in your pasta. If you’re using spaghetti, it may take a few minutes for it to soften enough to fit into that pan – that’s okay! It will still cook evenly.
- Once the liquid starts to boil, reduce the heat to low – it should be simmering but not at a full boil. Stir every few minutes or so as the pasta absorbs the liquid and starts to form the sauce. It will take about 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the type of pasta you’re using. Start checking for doneness according to the time your type of pasta calls for.
- Towards the end of cooking, when the liquid is mostly absorbed, add in the lemon juice & zest. Taste, and add salt, pepper, and more lemon to taste. You can also add an extra splash of vegetable broth if needed.
- Once the pasta is fully cooked and at your desired level of sauciness, serve immediately, and top with breadcrumb topping (in the Notes section below) if using. Enjoy!
For the breadcrumbs: if you want to make it extra fancy, saute about ½ cup breadcrumbs (gluten-free if needed) in one tablespoon of oil over medium-low heat until golden brown. Add a few tablespoons of chopped parsley and the zest of one lemon. Sprinkle over your finished pasta.
Keywords: one-pot pasta, one-pan pasta, easy dinner, lemon pasta, creamy pasta, vegan dinner, vegan pasta