- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter (slightly softened, cut into small pieces)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (slightly softened, cut into small pieces)
- ½ cup Nutella (or any chocolate hazelnut spread)
- ½ cup raspberry jam
- Milk (to brush on top of cookies)
- Granulated sugar (for sprinkling)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Add in the butter and cream cheese and mix on low speed. The dough will get crumbly and then start to come together. Mix until the dough is just combined. Alternately, this can be done in a bowl with a pastry cutter.
- Shape the mixture into a large rectangle. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 1 week.
- When ready to prepare the cookies, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut dough into 4 equally-sized pieces. On a floured surface (or in between sheets of parchment paper) roll out one piece of dough at a time into a 12-inch by 4-inch rectangle. Spread the dough with 2 tablespoons Nutella (warmed slightly if necessary), and then top with 2 tablespoons of raspberry jam.
- Working from the long end, gently roll the dough into a 12-inch long log, making sure seam is at the bottom. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to rechill the dough (this will also help you make cleaner cuts. You can also wrap the dough plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 months at this point).
- Remove from the freezer. Brush the dough log with milk, and sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Cut each log into 12 equal pieces, about 1” each. Place upright on lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool on wire racks. Store in airtight containers, they also freeze really well.
- Category: Dessert