For the muffins
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 large banana (mashed (about ⅓ cup))
- ½ cup non-dairy milk (I used almond-coconut)
- 1 cup diced fresh mango (about 1 large mango peeled, cored, and diced into chunks)
- ¼ cup unsweetened (shredded coconut)
For the crumb topping
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened (shredded coconut)
- 3 tablespoons solid coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine flours, coconut sugar, salt and baking powder. Add in milk, banana, and coconut oil and stir until just moistened. Fold in mango and coconut. Divide batter (it will be thick) between 12 muffin tins. They should be filled about ¾ full.
- Stir together the coconut sugar, flour, and coconut for the crumb topping. With a fork, blend in the coconut oil until the mixture is crumbly and the coconut oil is in pea sized pieces. Divide crumble evenly on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick comes out clean.