These Vegan Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes are made in a few minutes in the blender with minimal ingredients – all gluten-free and dairy-free! These oat-based pancakes are lemony, loaded with flavor, and so easy to make.
⅔ cup almond milk or dairy-free milk of choice (use nut-free milk to keep these nut-free)
⅓ cup fresh lemon juice & 1 tablespoon zest, from approx 2 lemons
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free rolled oats
½ cup unsweetened applesauce or 1 ripe banana
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- In a blender, combine the almond milk, lemon juice & zest, oats, applesauce or banana, maple syrup, baking powder, kosher salt, and vanilla.
- Blend for 30 seconds until the oats are broken down and smooth. Stir in the poppy seeds. Let the batter stand for 5 minutes to thicken up while you heat the skillet or griddle pan.
- While the batter thickens, heat up a skillet or griddle pan to medium heat. Once pan is hot, add a bit of coconut oil to grease the pan, and then add 1/4 cup of batter to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until the edges look cooked, before flipping gently, and cooking for another 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown. Repeat until all of the batter is gone, adding more coconut oil between each pancake if needed. If you’re using a griddle or large pan, you can do more than one at a time.
- Serve warm, with yogurt, lemon curd, maple syrup, fruit, and/or nut butter!
- If saving for later, store wrapped in plastic wrap in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds.
Keywords: lemon pancakes, lemon poppyseed, lemon poppyseed pancakes, oat pancakes, blender pancakes