Have leftover sourdough discard? Make these Gluten-Free Cinnamon Sugar Sourdough Discard Crackers! These gluten-free crackers are quick and simple to make, and sure to satisfy your snacky sweet tooth!
For the crackers
- ⅔ cup (64g) gluten-free oat flour, see Notes
- ½ cup (60g) brown rice flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1½ tablespoons (8g) psyllium husk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup gluten-free sourdough starter, mine is made with brown rice flour, it can be sourdough discard and does not need to be active, but shouldn’t smell too sour
- ½ cup (113g/4 ounces) room-temperature filtered water
- ¼ cup (50g) softened coconut oil, use refined for no coconut flavor
For the topping
- Melted coconut oil
- Coconut sugar
- Sea salt
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the oat flour, brown rice flour, coconut sugar, psyllium husk, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add in the gluten-free sourdough starter, water, and oil. Mix to combine. If the dough seems soft, let it sit for about five minutes to firm up. If it’s still super soft, mix in a little bit more flour.
- Divide the dough in half, and press each half in a flattened rectangle and then wrap in parchment paper or plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least an hour, or up to a few days.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly dust a piece of parchment paper with gluten-free flour and roll into a super thin layer.
- Brush with coconut oil, and then sprinkle on an even layer of coconut sugar. Dust with a little cinnamon and sprinkle on a pinch of sea salt.
- Cut into pieces and slide onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until all the crackers are crisp and break apart easily.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!
This recipe is adapted from Homestead & Chill’s Gluten-Free Sourdough Discard Crackers
My sister can’t eat oat flour, so I’ve tested these with almond flour and sorghum flour in place of the oat flour. They both work great, but the cooking time can vary slightly. Feel free to play around with the flour blend, but keep a close eye while baking to ensure you get the texture you’re after.
- Category: crackers, gluten-free, sourdough, snacks
Keywords: sourdough discard, sourdough, cinnamon, cinnamon sugar, crackers, gluten-free, vegan