This Almond Joy Oatmeal is a creamy chocolate oatmeal sweetened with just a ripe banana and topped with coconut, almonds, and more chocolate! This hearty breakfast is decadent and filling, and you can enjoy it guilt free.
- 1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut, can also use coconut flakes, depends on the texture you prefer!
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ⅔ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
For the toppings
- In a small saucepan, combine oats, coconut, mashed banana, coconut milk and cocoa powder. Simmer until milk has absorbed into the oats, about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the oatmeal in a bowl once it’s fully cooked, and top with coconut flakes, almonds, almond butter, chocolate, and any other toppings you’d like. Enjoy immediately!
- Calories: 515
- Sugar: 14
- Sodium: 23
- Fat: 34
- Saturated Fat: 29
- Carbohydrates: 52
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 8
Keywords: almond joy, chocolate, oatmeal, gluten-free