This 5-Ingredient Grain-Free Granola is the perfect simple granola recipe, minus the grains! It uses nuts and coconut in place of the oats to make a filling and delicious vegan & paleo granola.
For the granola
- 2½ cups chopped nuts and/or seeds of choice – pecans, sliced almonds, pepitas, sunflower seeds, and walnuts are just a few options!
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- ⅓ cup (64g) creamy almond butter or nut butter of choice
- ¼ cup (84g) pure maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, or sweet spice mix, like chai spice or pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Preheat the oven to 300ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients mixture and stir until all of the dry ingredients are coated. Spread the granola in an even layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and press down with a spatula or your hands.
Bake for 30 to 45 minutes. When it is browned and feels dry to the touch, remove from the oven. Let the granola cool completely without disturbing to help chunks form. Once cooled, break up the granola.
Store at room temperature in an airtight container for a few weeks, or for up to 2 months in the refrigerator.