- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup 3.2 oz all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 oz. white chocolate (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Stir in the white chocolate and oats. Refrigerate for at least two hours or up to five days in a bowl covered in plastic wrap.
- Scoop into tablespoon-sized balls and place onto a lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the outsides are set and golden brown and the middle is just beginning to set. Don’t over-bake. Cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. They should be soft. Cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.