Take advantage of rhubarb’s limited season with these Vegan Rhubarb Muffins! These fluffy muffins are refined sugar-free and topped with crunchy sliced almonds.
- 1½ cup (6 oz.) all-purpose flour or gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chopped rhubarb
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine the flour, coconut sugar, salt, baking powder, and cardamom. Add in milk of choice, applesauce, and coconut oil and stir until just moistened. Fold in the rhubarb. Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups, they should be about ¾ full. Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top of each of the muffins.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Best eaten the same day, but they will keep covered at room temperature for a few days.
Keywords: rhubarb muffins, vegan muffins, rhubarb recipes