These Vegan Gluten-Free Fudge Brownies have a 10 minute prep time and are better than a box mix! They are naturally sweetened, dairy-free, super-rich, fudgy, and satisfying.
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons (38g) coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ cup (128g) creamy natural nut or seed butter of choice, I used cashew butter
- 1.5 flax eggs, 1.5 tablespoons flax meal + 4 tablespoons water, whisk and let set for 10 minutes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (32g) blanched almond flour
- ⅓ cup (30g) cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8” baking pan with parchment and lightly grease.
- Put the unsweetened chocolate and coconut oil in a large glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and repeat until the chocolate and coconut oil are completely melted and smooth. Add the maple syrup, coconut sugar, and nut butter. Whisk until completely combined.
- Add flax egg and vanilla extract to the chocolate mixture and whisk until combined.
- Add the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder to the chocolate mixture and once it’s stirred in, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a few crumbs are attached when a toothpick is inserted into the center, but it’s not too wet.
- Let cool completely before cutting and serving. I like to place them in the fridge overnight before cutting for a cleaner cut.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days, or in the fridge for up to a week.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Brownies
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free brownies, vegan brownies, chocolate chips, unsweetened chocolate, refined sugar free, dairy-free, paleo