A slice of this gluten-free and vegan Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread makes the perfect easy breakfast, snack, or even dessert! This soft and sweet loaf is especially delicious when slathered with some vegan butter or nut butter.
For the banana bread
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas, about 3 medium bananas, mine weighed ~250g
- ¼ cup almond milk, or other dairy-free milk of choice
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup (64g) nut or seed butter of choice, I used cashew butter
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup (96g) blanched almond flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the cinnamon swirl & topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 8.5” x 4.5″ loaf pan (you can also use a 9×5” pan for a thinner loaf) with coconut oil and/or line with parchment paper.
- Place bananas in a large mixing bowl. Use a potato masher or fork to mash them well. Add almond milk, coconut sugar, nut butter, coconut oil, flax meal, and vanilla extract, stirring to combine.
- Add oat flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until combined.
- Pour a third of the batter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle ⅓ of the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over the top. Spread ½ of the remaining batter over the top as evenly as possible. Top with ½ of the remaining cinnamon sugar, and then top with the rest of the batter and the rest of the cinnamon sugar. Garnish with pecans and turbinado sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour, or until a knife comes out clean and the loaf springs back when pressed with a fingertip. If your loaf looks like it’s getting too brown, tent with tin foil on top after 45 minutes. If you’re using a 9×5” pan, check on the banana bread after 40 to 45 minutes.
- Once done, let cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then remove from pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
- Store leftovers tightly wrapped in plastic wrap, foil, or in a sealed container on the counter for up to three days, or store in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months. I like to slice it and then freeze and heat a piece in the microwave when I want it!
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
Keywords: banana bread, vegan, cinnamon, gluten-free, dessert, breakfast