- ⅔ cup (2¾ oz.) blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 6 oz. dairy-free dark chocolate, coarsely chopped, I used 72%
- ½ cup (4 oz.) coconut oil
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips, optional
For the frosting
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line with parchment and lightly grease an 8×8” baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the almond flour, salt, and cocoa powder together.
- Put the chocolate and coconut oil in a large glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and repeat until the chocolate and coconut oil are completely melted and smooth. Add the coconut sugar. Whisk until completely combined. The mixture should be room temperature.
- Add 2 eggs to the chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Add the vanilla and stir. Do not overbeat the batter at this stage or your brownies will be cakey.
- Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture. Using a rubber spatula, fold the flour mixture into the chocolate until fully combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs attached. Don’t over bake!! Cool brownies completely before frosting.
- For the frosting: combine the dark chocolate, almond butter, and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Let melt, stirring frequently. Once melted, whisk in the almond milk and vanilla extract until combined. Spread on top of cooled brownies and place in the refrigerator to set.
- Once chilled, cut brownies into 16 equal squares with a very sharp knife.
- Brownies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- The darker your chocolate, the richer the brownie! I wouldn’t use chocolate over 72% unless you want these super dark. 60% will result in a brownie that’s a little sweeter.
- To keep the chocolate chunks refined sugar-free, trying making my Paleo Chocolate Chunks or use chocolate from Hu Kitchen or Santa Barbara Chocolate.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 15
- Fat: 18
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 5
Keywords: gluten-free, paleo, brownies, fudge brownies, chocolate