These Toasted Coconut Butter Cups are made with just four simple ingredients! Toasted coconut butter is the star of the show, encased in decadent homemade chocolate for a healthy homemade candy that will satisfy your sweet tooth. You’re going to love these paleo + vegan coconut butter cups.
- ½ cup (112g) cacao butter, recommended, OR coconut oil melted
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 3–4 tablespoons maple syrup, to taste
- ¾ cup toasted coconut butter, melted
- Line a muffin tin with 12 liners. Set aside.
- Begin with melting the cacao butter, if using, by chopping it very finely. Place in a liquid measuring cup and melt in 20 second increments, stirring between each, until fully melted. It can also be melted over a double boiler. Coconut oil can be melted in the microwave in 30 seconds to a minute.
- In the same liquid measuring cup, whisk together the melted cacao butter or coconut oil, cocoa powder, and 3 tablespoons maple syrup. Taste it, and add more maple syrup if you want it sweeter. You can also add more cocoa powder if you want it darker.
- Pour a small amount of the chocolate mixture into the bottom of each liner or mold cavity, until the bottom is thinly covered. Don’t use more than half the chocolate mixture for this. Tilt the pan slightly in each direction to bring the chocolate up the sides of each liner a bit. Place the liners in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to harden.
- While the chocolate hardens, melt the coconut butter to a liquid state if it’s not already there. This can be done in about 30 seconds in the microwave – take care not to burn it!
- Once the bottom layer of chocolate is hard, place about 1 tablespoon of the toasted coconut butter over the chocolate. Pour enough of the chocolate mixture over the coconut butter to cover it completely (if at any point the remaining chocolate gets too thick, warm it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to remelt). Repeat until all are covered. Return to the refrigerator to harden completely.
- Store at cool room temperature or in the refrigerator (definitely in the fridge if you’re using coconut oil).
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 158
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 4
- Fat: 14
- Saturated Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 1
Keywords: coconut butter, coconut, cups, no-bake, vegan, paleo