- ¼ cup (3 oz.) honey or maple syrup
- ¾ cup (6 oz.) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ½ cups (12 oz) mashed ripe bananas
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (5 oz) oat flour (see Notes)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- ¼ cup (1 oz) shredded coconut, toasted, plus more for topping if desired
- 1 cup (6 oz) fresh or frozen blueberries, plus ¼ cup for topping
- Grease one 9″x5″ loaf pan and preheat the oven to 350º F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, honey, applesauce, mashed banana and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon and add to the wet ingredients. Fold in the toasted coconut and 1 cup blueberries.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan and top with remaining blueberries, and if desired, more untoasted coconut.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached, and the top of the loaf should spring back when pressed. This took my loaf about 75 minutes – some readers have reported it took as quickly as 45 minutes for them, or up to 90 minutes. It will depend on your oven and the moisture in your bananas and blueberries, so keep an eye on the loaf!
- Let cool completely before slicing, and enjoy!
Make your own oat flour by grinding oats in a blender/food processor until they are a fine powder!