These Strawberry Vanilla Bean Energy Balls are an easy, no-bake snack that tastes like strawberry shortcake! With a base of raw cashews, they’re buttery and deliciously flavored with vanilla and strawberries. They’re gluten-free, paleo, and vegan, and perfect for bringing on the go.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, doesn’t need to be melted
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 3 pitted Medjool dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes if they aren’t soft
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean powder, can also use ½ teaspoon vanilla extract instead
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup freeze-dried strawberries, lightly crushed
- In the bowl of a food processor or a high-powered blender (I used my Vitamix), combine all of the ingredients except for the freeze-dried strawberries. Pulse for about 1-2 minutes, until the mixture starts to break down. It will first become powdery and will stick together, but still be crumbly.
- Keep processing until the oils start to release a bit and the mixture sticks together easily – just be careful not to over process or you’ll have nut butter. If your mixture seems a little dry, you can use a little extra coconut oil to help it come together. Once the mixture is sticking together well, pulse in the crushed freeze-dried, just to incorporate them. You can also just stir them in.
- Use a small cookie scoop (I use this one) or a tablespoon scoop to divide the mixture into equal pieces. Use your hands to roll into balls and place on a plate.
- Store in an airtight container zip-top bag in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 49
- Fat: 11
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 4
Keywords: vanilla bean, strawberries, no bake, energy balls, vegan, gluten-free