- 12 oz. fresh strawberries (quartered)
- 1 teaspoon tapioca starch
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut oil (solid at room temperature)
- ½ cup coconut sugar (can also use T-Sugars Cassonade Sugar or brown sugar)
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free certified if necessary)
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch pan with parchment paper or foil and grease lightly.
- In a medium bowl, toss together strawberries and tapioca starch. Let stand while you prepare the crust.
- In separate bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt, coconut oil, Cassonade sugar, rolled oats, and chopped almonds. Stir until combined, working the coconut oil in with your fingers if necessary.
- Reserve 1 cup of crumb mixture for the topping. Press remaining crumb mixture evenly into the bottom of greased pan. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Remove partially baked crust from the oven. Evenly distribute strawberries on top. Top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Return to oven and bake for another 30 minutes or until bubbling and lightly browned. Let cool completely before cutting into 16 squares.