For the strawberry filling
- 12 ounces strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, add more if your strawberries aren’t too sweet
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- ¼ cup almond butter
For the almond butter cookie crumble
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a 6” cast iron skillet, small baking dish, or two or three ramekins by greasing with a bit of coconut oil and setting on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine the sliced strawberries, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and tapioca flour. Stir to combine. Pour the fruit into the prepared pans, dividing evenly if using more than one ramekin. Dollop the almond butter on top, and toss gently to mix it in just slightly.
- In a different bowl, combine the ghee, almond butter, coconut flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt. Mix until smooth and then crumble over the strawberry mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the strawberries are bubbling and the crumble is firm and lightly browned. Serve with whipped coconut cream and a drizzle of almond butter.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes