These Strawberry Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Bars have an oatmeal cookie crust and crumble, filled with fresh strawberries and dark chocolate chunks – it makes for an irresistibly delicious treat! These oatmeal bars are gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and vegan.
- 12 ounces fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 teaspoon tapioca starch
- 1 cup (96g) almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, solid at room temperature
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch pan with parchment paper or foil and grease lightly.
- In a medium bowl, toss together strawberries and tapioca starch. Let stand while you prepare the crust.
- In large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate chunks. Stir until combined.
- Reserve 1 cup of crumb mixture for the topping. Press remaining crumb mixture evenly into the bottom of greased pan. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Remove partially baked crust from the oven. Sprinkle chocolate over the crust. Evenly distribute strawberries on top (leave any liquid that’s collected in the bottom of the bowl). Top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Return to oven and bake for another 30-35 minutes or until bubbling and lightly browned. Let cool completely before cutting into 16 squares.
Keywords: chocolate, strawberry, vegan, oatmeal, gluten-free, bars