- 1 pound strawberries (quartered, fresh or frozen will work)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, or honey
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan, combine the strawberries and maple syrup. Cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently. After 5 minutes, when the mixture is starting to release juices, use a potato masher (or a fork) to lightly mash the strawberries. This may take a little longer if the berries were frozen.
- Add the chia seeds and lemon juice and reduce the heat to medium-low. Continue cooking uncovered, stirring occasionally to prevent the bottom from scorching, for about 30 to 35 minutes or until the mixture has thickened and there are no big fruit chunks left. The jam will continue to thicken as it cools so don’t let it reduce too much.
- Let cool completely before transferring to clean jars. Keep in a sealed jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to a year.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes