For the crust
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup 2 oz. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
For the brownies
- 6 oz. dark chocolate (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup 4 oz. unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup 5 1/4 oz. granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup 2 oz. light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup 2 3/4 oz. all-purpose flour
- 12 marshmallows (I used the flat ones)
- 1 Hershey’s bar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with muffin liners, or grease the pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together all of the ingredients for the graham cracker crust until completely combined. Divide the crumbs between the muffin tins, and press the crumbs on the bottom and up the sides of the tins. Set aside while you prepare the brownie batter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and cocoa powder together.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a large glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and repeat until the chocolate and butter are completely melted and smooth. Add the sugars. Whisk until completely combined. The mixture should be room temperature.
- Add 2 eggs to the chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Add the vanilla and stir. Do not overbeat the batter at this stage or your brownies will be cakey.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture over the chocolate mixture. Using a rubber spatula (not a whisk), fold the flour mixture into the chocolate until just a bit of the flour mixture is visible.
- Divide the batter evenly between the graham cracker lined muffin tins. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Remove brownies from oven and place a marshmallow on top of each brownie. Return to the oven for 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows are light golden brown. Keep a close eye on the marshmallows while they bake.
- Remove from oven, and place 1 square of Hershey’s chocolate bar on top of each marshmallow. Serve, and enjoy!