This Sesame Tamari Pecan Snack Mix is a deliciously crunchy snack that’s bursting with sweet, savory, and umami flavors. It’s gluten-free and vegan!
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne, optional
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 1 cup dry roasted edamame
- 1 cup roasted corn kernels, I found mine in the bulk bins at the grocery store
- 2 tablespoons gomasio or toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Whisk together the sesame oil, tamari, maple syrup, ginger, garlic, salt, and cayenne (if using) in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pecans, dry roasted edamame, and crunchy corn. Pour the liquid ingredients on top and mix well to combine. Sprinkle with gomasio (or sesame seeds) and stir.
- Spread on a large parchment-lined baking sheet. If there’s liquid left in the bowl, don’t pour it over the nuts – just discard it or use it to coat more nuts.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, stirring once or twice in the middle of baking to keep an eye on it and make sure everything is cooking evenly. You’ll want to let it bake until dry and crispy but not burned, so baking time might vary slightly. Sprinkle with more gomasio or toasted sesame seeds after it comes out of the oven.
- Let cool completely before serving or storing in an airtight container.