These Salted Dulce De Leche Cookie Bars are a chewy chocolate chip cookie bar made with browned butter, swirled with sweet dulce de leche, and sprinkled with flaky sea salt!
- 1¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour, can also use a gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 14 tablespoons (1¾ sticks) unsalted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup toffee bits
- ½ cup dulce de leche
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, melt butter until browned. It takes about 5 minutes for butter to begin to smell nutty and start to brown, but watch carefully because it goes from perfectly browned to burned very fast. Once browned, remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add browned butter and sugars to the bowl of a mixer and mix until combined. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until completely combined, and then add the vanilla. Turn mixer off and add all of your dry ingredients to the bowl. Mix until just combined. Turn mixer off and fold in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Press half of the dough into the bottom of the pan. Spread 1/2 cup of dulce de leche over the dough. Sprinkle the rest of the dough over the top of the ducle de leche. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cool completely before cutting and serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dulce de leche bars, cookie bars, toffee bars, toffee blondies