Meet your new favorite hot chocolate recipe: easy to make, deliciously creamy, and somehow, dairy-free and refined sugar-free. This vegan Salted Cashew Hot Chocolate is the perfect balance of creamy chocolate, with a hint of sea salt for balance, and extra decadence from the cashew butter. Ready in 5 minutes!
- 16 ounces dairy-free milk of choice
- 1.5 ounces dark chocolate OR 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup and 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- Pinch of sea salt
- Heat milk in a milk frother or the microwave. Add the chocolate (or maple syrup and cacao powder), cashew butter, and sea salt, and either blend in a blender or combine in the milk frother until completely blended and frothy.
- Pour into your mugs and serve immediately. Garnish with dairy-free whipped cream, marshmallows, or any other garnishes you’d like!
You can use any kind of sweetener you like for this hot chocolate, but I love the maple syrup for it’s warm, delicious flavor! Honey or any kind of granulated sugar will also work.