- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup pecans (coarsely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups cooked red lentils (from ¾ cup dry red lentils*)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, coconut, pecans, almonds, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt. Add the cooked red lentils, maple syrup, coconut sugar, and coconut oil and stir until the dry ingredients are all moistened. Spread the granola in an even layer on a large parchment-lined baking sheet and press down gently with the back of a spatula to form a thin even layer.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through and stirring it gently to ensure the granola bakes evenly. When it is browned and feels dry to the touch, remove from the oven. If want big chunks of granola, let the granola cool completely before disturbing so it clusters together.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Before using, cook the lentils until al dente according to package directions and then drain.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Calories: 298
- Sugar: 7
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 31
- Protein: 9