- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger (diced)
- 2 firm pears (peeled, cored, & sliced)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
For the crumble
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 6 Walker’s Ginger Lemon Shortbread Cookies (crushed)
- ¼ cup butter (melted)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 5” cast iron skillet or two small ramekins.
- In a bowl, whisk together brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Add the pears and candied ginger and toss to coat completely. Put the pear mixture into the prepared pan(s).
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, crushed cookies, ground ginger, and melted butter. Spread evenly over pear filling.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the pears are tender and the crumble is golden brown. Let cool slightly, serve warm with ice cream.
I used a small 5″ cast iron skillet, but you could double the recipe to fill an 8×8″ pan or quadruple the recipe to fill a 9×13″ pan if you’re feeding a crowd. Remember to adjust the baking time accordingly.