These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are incredibly soft and loaded with peanut butter flavor. They’re vegan, refined sugar-free, and gluten-free. This simple recipe will become a quick favorite for any peanut butter fans.
- 3 tablespoons (37g) coconut oil, softened
- ½ cup (128g) natural peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg or regular egg (for the flax egg, whisk together 1 tablespoon flax meal with 3 tablespoons water and let set for 10 minutes before using)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (96g) gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, skip if your peanut butter is salted
- Melted chocolate, to drizzle on top, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, stir together the coconut oil, peanut butter, and coconut sugar until completely combined. Stir in the flax egg and vanilla and mix well. Add the baking soda, salt, and oats and stir until well-mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least twenty minutes or up to 2 days.
- Using a cookie dough scoop (or your hands), make cookie dough balls (mine were about 1½ tablespoons) and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until cookies are just set on the top, about 9 to 11 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheets for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If desired, drizzle with melted chocolate.
Recipe adapted from Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookie (on the bag of the oatmeal bag)
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: peanut butter, oatmeal, gluten free, vegan, cookies, dessert