For the dough
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter (softened)
- 3¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 .25 oz. package instant yeast
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 egg
For the filling
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup jam (flavor of choice)
For the frosting
- 4 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 4 tablespoon heavy cream
For the rolls
- Heat milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in butter; stir until melted. Let cool until lukewarm.
- In large mixing bowl, combine 2¼ cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt; mix well. Add water, egg and milk mixture; beat well. Add remaining flour, ½ cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. When dough has just pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Place dough into a well-oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place for about 2 hours, until doubled in size. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together peanut butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Roll out dough into a 12×9″ rectangle and spread with peanut butter mixture, then jam. Roll up dough and pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 rolls and place cut side up in a greased greased 9×13″ dish. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake 30 minutes. (You may need to tent with foil around 20 minutes to keep the rolls from getting too browned.) Let cool about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, make frosting.
For the frosting
- Cream together cream cheese and peanut butter in a large mixing bowl. Add powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons heavy cream. Beat until completely smooth. Add more heavy cream if you want a thinner consistency. Spread on baked rolls.