- ⅔ cup (2¾ oz.) blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 6 oz. dark chocolate (coarsely chopped*)
- ½ cup (4 oz.) coconut oil
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping
- ¼ cup salted peanuts (chopped)
- 5 oz. Enjoy Life chocolate chips or homemade chocolate chunks
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1¼ cups puffed rice cereal
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8×8” baking pan with parchment paper and lightly grease.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, salt, and cocoa powder.
- In a separate glass bowl, combine the chocolate and coconut oil and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and repeat until the chocolate and coconut oil are completely melted and smooth. Add the coconut sugar. Whisk until completely combined. The mixture should be close to room temperature.
- Add 2 eggs to the chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Add the vanilla and stir. Sprinkle the flour mixture over the chocolate mixture. Using a rubber spatula, fold the flour mixture into the chocolate until just a bit of the flour mixture is visible.
- Bake in preheated oven for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs still attached, and sprinkle the top with the peanuts. Brownies will firm up as they cool.
- After taking the brownies out of the oven, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, or melt in the microwave for 45 seconds and stir until smooth. Stir in the puffed rice to evenly coat. Evenly pour the chocolate and peanut butter cereal mixture over top of the brownies. Spread to cover evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting and serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Cook Time: 30 minutes