These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chewy Bars will bring you right back to your favorite childhood snack! This homemade, no-bake version is way more delicious with a short and simple ingredients list. They’re gluten-free and vegan, too!
- 1½ cups (135g) gluten-free quick cooking oats
- 1½ cups (45g) crispy brown rice cereal
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut oil
- ⅓ cup (104g) maple syrup, I also tested with honey and that worked too, but not vegan!
- ¼ cup (64g) peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, stir together quick cooking oats and crispy rice cereal. Set aside.
- In a small sauce, stir together coconut oil and maple syrup. Heat over low-medium heat until it starts boiling, stirring frequently. Once it begins to boil, let boil for 1 more minute. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Pour hot mixture over dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Working quickly, so the chocolate doesn’t melt, pour into a parchment-lined 8×8 pan and let set in the refrigerator for about an hour, or until set.
- Cut into 12 bars and store tightly wrapped in plastic wrap or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks. These bars will get softer and a little crumbly when they’re stored at room temperature for too long, so make sure to keep them chilled!
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 159
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 73
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 21
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 3