These Gluten-Free Vegan Waffles are incredibly light, crispy, and best of all – easy to make! They’re egg-free, dairy-free, Paleo-friendly, and can easily be frozen for a quick breakfast.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) almond milk, or dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut oil or avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons (63g) coconut sugar
- 2 cups (192g) Bob’s Red Mill Blanched Almond Flour
- ¾ cup (90g) Bob’s Red Mill Tapioca Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Plug in your waffle iron to let it heat up while you prepare the batter.
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine the dairy-free milk of your choice and apple cider vinegar and let stand for 3 minutes. Whisk in the oil and coconut sugar. Add vanilla extract if using.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, sea salt, and cinnamon if using.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Let the batter stand for a few minutes to thicken up.
- Lightly grease the waffle iron and add enough waffle batter to fill the waffle cavity. Cook according to waffle iron’s directions, until golden brown and crispy. The batter is relatively thick so you may need to spread the batter out a bit when you first put it into your waffle iron.
- Repeat until all of the batter is gone, adding more coconut oil (if needed) between each waffle.
- Serve with your desired toppings while the waffles are still warm.
- To freeze the waffles, let them cool completely before placing in an airtight container or zip bag and freezing. Reheat at 350°F for 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through and crisped to your liking. Best used within 3 months.
Keywords: breakfast, waffles, vegan waffles, paleo, grain-free