For the pie crust
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, solid
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
For the filling
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon almond milk or any non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans, roughly chopped
For the crust
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut sugar, and salt. Add in the coconut oil and using a fork (or your fingers), cut into the almond flour until the coconut oil is in mostly incorporated. Stir in the egg until the dough is slightly moist and forms a ball. There may be streaks of coconut oil running through your dough.
- Press the dough into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling, or place in the refrigerator if not using immediately (can keep in fridge for up to 1 week).
- When ready to bake, roll out your dough in between two sheets of parchment into a 12-inch circle. Lay dough into a 9-inch pie dish (not deep dish).
For the filling
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In large bowl, beat the eggs until slightly foamy. Stir in the maple syrup, coconut sugar, and coconut oil. Whisk together until fully combined. Stir in the almond flour, almond milk, and vanilla. Add the pecans and stir until they are fully coated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie dough. Bake in the preheated oven at 325°F and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the top no longer jiggles in the center. Cool completely in the refrigerator before slicing and serving.