This Paleo Lemon Curd is easy to make, super silky, and perfectly tart. It’s a refined sugar-free honey-sweetened curd recipe made with just five ingredients. It’s perfect to drizzle on pancakes or waffles, swirl into your yogurt, use it in baked goods, or just eat it with a spoon!
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon zest
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons ghee OR coconut oil
- Whisk together juice, zest, honey, and eggs in a 2-quart heavy saucepan. Once it’s warm, whisk in the ghee or coconut oil and cook over moderately low heat, whisking frequently, until curd is thick enough to hold marks of whisk and first bubble appears on surface, about 6-8 minutes.
- Pour through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl to get out any cooked egg bits.
- Cover the top of the lemon curd with plastic wrap and chill until cold, at least 1 hour.